In order to be qualified as an ILR Tester, tester trainees must successfully complete several qualification steps. These steps are subject to change, but include:
- Attending an ILR OPI Tester Training Workshop (in person).
- Completing a homework assignment that demonstrates how well you mastered concepts taught in the workshop.
- Completing a round of guided practice telephone interviews from home. You will receive feedback on each guided interview from an experienced tester.
- Complete a round of unguided practice telephone interviews from home.
- Your work and performance though your unguided practice interviews, will be reviewed by ACTFL's ILR Review Board. They will decide whether to recommend you to ACTFL for qualification as a tester.